Friday, March 4, 2011

My first blog :)

Life is good. Even the bad times aint that bad. I just broke a tooth eating ice a few days ago and I was terrified because I knew I had to go to the dentist! I know this sounds really gross but I havent been to the dentist in 22 years! I think it is safe to say that i have dentiphobia. (if thats even a word) So I fretted for a couple of days about going and tried to think of the best and worst case scenarios. I tried to use the excuse of no dental insurance for an excuse NOT to go BUT my ever so amazing husband would not hear of it. There was no way around it....I HAD to go:(  he agreed to go with me and he stood by my side the entire time. I was soooo nervous! I think I was more nervous at the dentist than I was getting my c-sections. The dental assistant was very good at explaining everything and that really helped alot . I ended up having xrays on all my teeth and finding out that i have 6 cavities and need 2 crowns. The good news is I didnt need any root canals! They gave me nitrous and started working on my teeth. I was feeling so good! I was actually hoping the work would take longer because I didnt have a care in the world. Well, needless to say, I now LOVE the dentist! LOL!! The only bad thing is I have to quit eating ice. This will be such a hard habit to break. I was constantly chewing ice. But...there are worse things to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment